Saturday, December 5, 2009

How are African-Americans treated in Maine?

I did a four month performance internship at Maine State Music Theater 9 years ago and the memory of the place has stuck with me since. I was thinking of buying a summer home in Portland or the Brunswick area. Not having been there in awhile how do you think I will be treated?



How are African-Americans treated in Maine?headache



Mainers don't treat blacks any different than other states. Lewiston ME has the highest concentration of Somalis anywhere in North America. They come complete with full Somali dress hjab and everything and the point is they are still flooding this area in record numbers... they love it up here. You will too.



How are African-Americans treated in Maine?paramount theater opera theater



In Maine you would be 'treated' like all other newcomers.
I have visited Maine quite a few times, and I must say that racism exists there in a much more subtle way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
can dogs eat celery