Saturday, December 5, 2009

Over Two Weeks Late and All Negative Pregnancy Test Results?

I'm just over two weeks late on my period and have taken a few hpts but have gotten negative every time. I have heard that some women can't get a positive until like 2 months although rare. Has this happened to anyone?



My hubby and I are actively trying to conceive. For the past month I have been nausated off and on, sore breasts, sleepy, headaches, back aches, and major taco cravings- lol.



Is it even possible that I am after several negative tests, or is it just wishful thinking?



Over Two Weeks Late and All Negative Pregnancy Test Results?performing arts center



I will tell you this...



My oldest child, she is 11 now, I didn't find out I was pregnant with her until I was 3 months pregnant. I still Had periods with her until the second month of my pregnancy, and even after then, when my periods stopped, I couldn't get a positive reading on a test.



I went to the doctor, had an ultrasound done, found out I was pregnant. Just to be a smart tale, I went out and bought a test to see if what the doctor and ultrasound told me was true by a urine test, the test was still negative.



This has happened to me with three of my children.



My advice, schedule an appointment with your doctor, let them know what has been happening, and have your doctor test you.



Over Two Weeks Late and All Negative Pregnancy Test Results?sunshine opera theater



At this point I would consult your doctor, who might reccomend a blood test. Wishful thinking can actually delude your body into acting as though it's pregnant when it's not, and if you're not pregnant then your doctor will be able to help determine the cause and get the ball rolling on what needs to be done there.
talk to your doctor. I had a freind that was pregnant and it did not show up till her 5th month. By then she knew she was pregnant. If your tests are showing up neg. Then they can do a blood test to see if you are. Good luck and I hope you are!
you might just have a blood tested.its more accurate. I hardly trust in the Pregnancy tests.
the only thing 2 do is go 2 a doctor. GUD LUCK and congrats in advance!
I feel a blood test is essential at this point and fast.The sooner you consult adoctor...the better.Sometimes even stress can delay periods.There can be various other medical complications and then of course yes...you can be pregnant because it is true that sometimes urine tests seem to go negative till quite far along.You see urine tests just measure something called hcg in the urine and its presence confirms pregnancy.Sometimes the hcg levels are not high enough for a urine test to detect and sometimes a urine test strip is not sensitive enough to detect lower levels of hcg.So consult ur doc and have a blood test done.God bless you.
Hi everyone,



I'm kind of in the same boat...i am almost 2 weeks late and all the tests keep saying negative. I went to the doctor 2 days ago and she said i needed a smear test....she took a pregnancy test and was still negative, so she concluded that i am actually not pregnant...and precribed me antibiotic because of the pelvic pain, assuming it could be some sort of infection. I would have preferred to have a blood test done just in case, but she wasn't keen on that, saying that nowadays preg tests are normally almost 99% accurate. I am very confused to be honest because i've always been regular in my cycle..i'll just need to wait and see what happen in the next couple of weeks:(



jemima

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
can dogs eat celery