Thursday, December 10, 2009

What happens when love comes between you and your dream?

so i have a boyfriend that i have had for quite sometime. We love each other more than anything in the world.. he even is going to wait till we get married to have sex! But there is a problem... there is a theater in colorado that i have been planning on working at ever since i was nine years old...i even have a spot saved for me...and i love these people...they have been my second family through everything that has happened in my life...my parents divorce me moving to texas...everything....the only problem is my boyfriend is not up to moving to colorado... he doesnt like the idea of leaving his home and he also has different dreams that he cant easily pursue in colorado...i dont know what to do....i know that i think i would never forgive myself if i let go of my dream... but i dont know if i can let him go either



What happens when love comes between you and your dream?



Been there done that. My advice? Go with your dreams and here is why.



When I was in HS I was in love with a girl. My entire life revolved around our relationship. I gave up my dream. Im 36 now and looking back, I made a huge mistake. Love is great but at a young age its seldom permanant. Go with you dreams, do your best to fullfill them. If this guy really loves you, he'll join you in CO. Otherwise, God may have bigger and better plans for you that you dont even realize yet.



What happens when love comes between you and your dream?opera mobile opera theater



imagine your life without that theater, then imagine it without the guy...which is more unbearable?
Whats wrong with moving and keeping the relationship.....no problem with having a long distance relationship.
Go to colorado, if he really loves you he will wait. If your dream works out great, maybe he will change his mind. If it doesn't work out, at least you can say you tried. Then maybe move back where he is. If he loves you enough to forgo sex then he should love you enough to encourage you to follow your dreams.
You have to decide what is more important to you.your dream or your husband.Its your choice and only yours to make.
Impossible to answer. Why? Because if you leave one or the other you'll think: "What if..." one thing I do know is that you might regret loosing your dream more than loosing a love, since you can find somebody else later in the future if he decides not to follow you and being supportive. Tell him to let you try to fulfill your dream with him by your side and go on from there.
If he loves you more than anything in the world he should respect the fact that this has been a dream of yours for a very long time. In a healty relationship you should be able to support one another and encourage each other to go after your dreams. Please go after your dream, this is your life and you have to be brave and go after what you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
can dogs eat celery