Saturday, December 5, 2009

Is it too late to increase to increase my GPA?

am a junior in high school, i've been careless and now my GPA is 2.6, is it too late to get it up to 3.5 to get into the college i wanted after my senior yr



Is it too late to increase to increase my GPA?theatre



Even if you don't get up to a 3.5, I would suggest getting involved with a bunch of extracurricular activities and community service stuff. Colleges are looking for a well-rounded student. And here's another secret of the admissions world: Colleges are looking for a well rounded student body. So they don't want ALL 4.0 study-a-holics who don't know how to party. They need the guy who can get the keg and hold all the parties, and bring people together, for starters! (This may seem like I'm making it up, but I know people who have worked in the admissions office at my undergraduate university, which was a pretty good private liberal arts school, and they told me that this was the case. Oh, and you may not necessarily be the "keg guy," but they need other types as well to make the student body more appealing and interesting.)



Basically, you should just work as hard as you can. If the admissions office sees that you really kicked it for your last year, they're going to forgive the fact that you did terrible your freshman and sophomore year.



Basically, focus on what you can do now, and do it! Then you'll be in, no problem.



Is it too late to increase to increase my GPA?opera music opera theater



yes, you would have to earn a 4.00 on what is left and you still will not make it. you will be close but not top honors (3.50).
Figure it out mathematically. As a Junior, you probably already have done 5 out of 8 semesters.



The highest possible for the last three semesters is normally 4.0



Assuming you take the same amount of credits, you can multiply 5 * 2.6, add 3* 4.0 (or whatever you think your top possible grade is) and divide by eight.



If my math is right, you get straight As now and you'll have a 3.13 (which is higher than what I had, and I got into college). A 3.5 is impossible, unless you start getting some A's in advanced placement courses (which some schools let you count as 5.0, but not most colleges).



Good luck anyway. And sorry about the math.
well, look at your current grades, and then add 8 A's (that is probably the max you can take in one year w/o summer school)(also, im assuming your gonna bust your *** and get all A's, right). and what does that come out to? IM guessing the best you can get is maybe a 3.1 or 3.2 at best. good luck and pick me for best answer :)
You can get it up, but it is going to take work. Your senior year, try to go for a 3.8,3.9, or 4.0 in all your subjects. I know it sounds hard, but you can do it trust me. I do not know if you have taken the SAT, but if the college you picked requires a 3. 5, the SAT score may have to be high also. Hey, Good luck and remember ...there are plenty of good colleges out there that do not require that high of GPA..you can always transfer later. The main thing is getting in a college. Transferring is pretty easy.
its too late to get a 3.5



aim for a 3.0 or better. it may seem like getting there from a 2.6 is no big deal, but it's easier said than done.



g'luck

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
can dogs eat celery