Thursday, December 10, 2009

When was the first time you got stopped & why?

Just wondering when everyone got pulled over for the 1st time %26amp; why %26amp; if you got a ticket. Tonight was my 1st time 37 days after getting my driver's license. I was driving home from my aunt's house. When I turned I saw the cop flip a U-turn %26amp; turn his lights on so I pull into the movie theater parking lot because I don't think he's stopping me because I wasn't doing anything wrong, but I was wrong. He pulls in too, %26amp; scares me half to death. Then he comes up to my window %26amp; tells me that he pulled me over because I only had my running lights on. (what a relief but did he have to take 10 years off my life to tell me that?) He ask for my info but I'm not exactly sure what my registration is so I hand him a paper %26amp; ask if that's what he wants it is. now he wants my license he looks at it ask me where my mom works. I say "Wasco County Community Corrections" %26amp; he's like "oh she's the secretary there right" "I say yes" he goes to run it %26amp; comes back %26amp; gives me a warning. I can breathe again



When was the first time you got stopped %26amp; why?chinese theater



Lucky Girl, Mommy works in a branch of law enforcement... So you got a warning. It won't help on more dangerous offenses so be more careful. With more months and years of practice you won't make the silly mistakes, turn on your lights, use your turn signals, stop for traffic signals and "Stop" signs, don't speed more than 2 or 3 mph over the posted limit, slow down in the rain, use your seat belts, renew your plates on time, renew your insurance on time, don't let it lapse. Check your oil and lights often, (When you see your car's reflection look to see if the lights are all working) Don't change lanes often(Weaving) and don't drive aggressively. Do give away your right of way to avoid an accident. Best wishes for a long time safe driving experience.



When was the first time you got stopped %26amp; why?opera mini opera theater



I haven't been stopped yet. But watch. I'll get a ticket tomorrow now :-)
speeding.
I got pulled over when I was 15 for driving with expired tags, and add to that I also only had my learner's permit with no adult in the automobile. My big sister was babysitting my two baby sisters and had had a medical emergency and needed me to pick the girls up. She lived three miles from the family home, so I could have easily walked there, but my sisters were one and two at the time and they wouldn't have been able to hack the walk back. I told the policeman all of this and he seemed empathetic and understanding of the situation. Two screaming baby girls in the back seat helped to verify that part of the story. But what really sucked was as soon as the first car had pulled me over, five others immediately arrived, lights flashing, sirens blaring, officers pulling their weapons and the girls freaking out royal because their big brother is laying down in the middle of the street with two cops sitting on him. I ended up getting fined like 50 bucks for the expired tags and potentially another 100 dollars if I didn't get my license within 30 days of my 16th birthday. The penalty wasn't so bad, but the humiliation of being thrown to the ground less than 200 yards from my house and having all of my friends and neighbors see me this way, (for years afterwards any time something untoward happened in the neighborhood, BPD would be on the front steps to interview me,) and how much it all freaked out my little sisters, well all of that stayed with me for years. I realize the cops were just doing their job, I just think they could have handled it a little more delicately because of the little girls.
Wasco county? Hey, at least you`re not in North Portland!!!



Actually, it`s not that bad now, with Gentrification and all that...



Hey, maybe that cop hassled you because he thought you were one of those Gang members that are fighting for territory between Dufur and Shaniko!



J/K!
I spun a circle around a friend while he was walking in a parking lot.Didn't realize cops were across the street. They charged me for unnecessary noise and spinning tires late hours of the night.I was 16 and it was like 2am.
on the way to the airport..



push 80 something on a 65 mph limit.



the cop was sweet though....give me a first warning...wow.



trying to be careful ever since, but it's hard...hmmm
Drag racing my buddy. Cop was right behind us in an unmarked car and got us both. No ticket, just a warning.
I GOT STOPPED FOR GOING 42 MPH IN A 35 MPH ZONE TWO WEEKS AFTER I GOT MY LICENSE.



THE FUNNY THING WAS THAT THE OFFICER WAS MY BEST FRIENDS DAD AND HE KNEW ME VERY WELL.



I TALKED WITH HIM FOR ABOUT 3 MINUTES AND HE STILL GAVE ME THE TICKET.



I HAVE NOT SEEN MY FRIEND FOR OVER 20 YEARS BUT AT THE SAME TIME I NEVER SAW HIS DAD AGAIN AFTER THIS AND THAT WAS IN 1974.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
can dogs eat celery